CAT 2018 Admit Card Organizing IIM for CAT 2018 IIM Kolkatta will release CAT Admit Card 2018 on October 24 and the last date for downloading the CAT Admit Card will be November 25. Download the hall ticket using the User ID and Password generated while filling the application form. The admit card will be released only for the eligible candidates who have successfully applied for the examinations. CAT admit card holds the information such as test venue, instructions, details of the candidate and reporting time. Without the CAT Admit Card 2018, candidates will not be allowed to enter the exam hall or give the Common Aptitude Test.
The last date to download the CAT Admit Card 2018 is the day before the CAT examinations which is scheduled to take place on November 25. Candidates giving the CAT 2018 are requested to keep the CAT Admit Card till the Admission procedure is over. Also, the candidates should note that no CAT Admit Card is sent by post or email and if any such information is meted out they should check from the official site.
CAT Admit Card 2018 Things to Carry for the Examinations
The following things should be carried by the candidates by appearing for CAT 2018 Examination with CAT Admit Card 2018.
- Carry a valid photo id card like driving license or Adhar Card to the examination hall along with the CAT Hall Ticket 2018.
- Candidates are required to attach a recent passport size photograph on the printed copy of the CAT Admit Card.
- In case a candidate has opted for a scribe, The candidate must produce a valid photo id and an affidavit at the exam hall while proving for the same.
Past Year Trends of Admit Card Release Date
Most often, the admit card is released much after the actual scheduled date. Candidates are advised to regularly check the CAT websites for further information and updates on CAT Admit Card 2018.
|CAT exam year||Scheduled date of release||Actual Date of release||CAT Convening IIM|
|CAT 2014||October 16, 2014||October 19, 2014||IIM Indore|
|CAT 2015||October 15, 2015||October 25, 2015||IIM Ahmedabad|
|CAT 2016||October 18, 2016||October 24, 2016||IIM Bangalore|
|CAT 2017||October 18, 2017||October 25, 2017||IIM Lucknow|
Procedure to Download CAT Admit Card 2018
Here are the steps by which the candidates can download the CAT Admit Card 2018.
- Visit the official website of CAT i.e. iimcat.ac.in. for the latest updates on CAT Admit Card 2018.
- Click on Download Admit Card on the right side of the homepage as shown in the image given below for acquiring the CAT Hall Ticket.
- Enter your User Id and Password
- You will be redirected to your candidate profile
- Click on the Download Admit Card button to save for future use.
Note: The recommended Internet browsers are Internet Explorer – 7,8,9 version; Mozilla Firefox – 14 to 28; Google Chrome 20 to 33. The best viewed as recommended by CAT Centre 2018 are Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome browsers.
Problems in Downloading CAT 2018 Admit Card
A candidate may be unable to download CAT Admit Card due to the following reasons. Make sure all these are taken care of before you begin to download.
- If your registration is incomplete
- If the internet speed is low
- If you enter incorrect credentials
What After Downloading CAT Admit Card 2018?
Once you have your CAT Hall Ticket in hand, follow the instructions given below:
- Cross-check all the details mentioned on it in the CAT Admit Card 2018.
- In case of an incorrect detail, you must contact the authority immediately.
- In case your photograph/ signature is a bit blur, carry a photograph to the exam hall along with a photo ID in original
- CAT Admit Card 2018
CAT Admit Card 2018 Sample
Details on CAT Admit Card 2018
CAT Admit Card carries all important information about the candidate and the exam. They must remember to verify all the particulars and ensure that every detail mentioned on CAT 2018 Admit Card is accurate and true. The information mentioned on the admit card of CAT is given below CAT Admit Card 2018:
- Name & Date of Birth of the candidate
- User Id/Registration Number
- Test Schedule & Slot
- CAT Exam Center
- Candidate’s Signature & Photograph
- Exam Day Instructions
Discrepancy in CAT 2018 Admit Card
You can contact the concerned authorities in the following cases for CAT Admit Card 2018:
- Name is misspelt
- PwD /DA status is incorrect
- Different test city is allotted
- The photograph is not visible
- Difficulty in downloading admit card despite successful CAT Registration 2018
How to correct errors in CAT Admit Card 2018?
- CAT admit card is blank: At multiple exam registrations, CAT centre will consider only the last registration as the final application for CAT Admit Card 2018. If you log in using User ID of earlier registration attempts, the admit card would come blank.
- CAT Admit Card 2018 is not received: The admit card is not generated for incomplete registrations. If this is not the solution, then contact the concerned board/authority.
- Try downloading the admit card in off-peak hours.
- It is recommended that you should download the CAT hall ticket only using the recommended browsers and not from your mobile phone.
- If the link (on mail) to download admit card is not working: Contact the exam conducting authority.
- Admit Card will be generated only upon submission of online application form. It can be downloaded only if they have received an automated email confirmation upon successful submission.
Things to carry on exam day
Candidates will have to carry any of the following photo identity cards on the exam day:
- Aadhaar Card
- Voter ID Card
- PAN Card
- Driving License
- Photo ID issued by current education institute or employer.
CAT 2018 Exam Centers
- CAT is conducted in exam centres spread across around 140 test cities in India.
- Candidates are required to provide the preference of their exam centre while registering for CAT 2018.
- Preferences for up to 4 test cities can be provided in the form. The time slot for CAT Examination is generally allocated randomly.
- CAT Exam Centers are available in all the major cities across India to accommodate the growing number of test-takers.
Given below is a table of newly added CAT Exam Cities:
|Section||No. of Questions||No. of non-MCQ questions||Difficulty Level||Good Attempts|
|Verbal Ability and Reading comprehension||34||10||Easy-moderate||26-27|
|Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning||32||8||Difficult||12-14|
Exam Day Instructions for CAT 2018
- The print copy of the hall ticket should be clear and legible
- Paste the passport size colour photograph in the space provided
- Do not sign in the space provided as it has to be made in presence of the exam invigilator
- Carry at least 2 copies of CAT hall ticket, of which, one copy has to be submitted to the invigilator
- Check the exam venue and reporting timing properly. For the first slot, the reporting time is 7.30 AM whilst for the second slot, the timing is 1 PM.
- Applicants will be allowed to carry only CAT admit card and photo id proof to the exam hall.
- Rough sheets and pencils will be provided inside the exam hall.