Introduction To JEE Main 2019 Eligibility Criteria:
- Authority: Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) will implant JEE Main 2019 Eligibility Criteria and the candidates need to satisfy all the eligibility criteria in order to appear for JEE Main 2019 entrance examination.
The four mandatory JEE Main 2019 eligibility criteria which should be satisfied by all the applicants to write JEE Main 2019 examination are mentioned below:
- Age Restriction.
- Year of Appearance in Qualifying Examination.
- Subject Combination in Qualifying Examination.
- Number of Attempts.
JEE Main 2019 Eligibility Criteria – Age Restriction:
- Age Limit: Candidates whose date of birth falls on or after October 01, 1994 are eligible to appear for JEE Main 2019 Examination.
- Relaxation: Candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Persons with Disabilities (PWD) will have a 5 years relaxation in upper age limit. Candidates who have reservation benefits and those who are born on or after October 01, 1989 are eligible to appear for JEE Main 2018 Examination.
- Proof: Date of birth which is available in the Secondary Education Board/University certificate will only be considered as the correct/valid date of birth.
JEE Main 2019 Eligibility Criteria – Qualifying Examination:
- Completed: The candidates who have passed their Class 12th standard examination or any equivalent qualifying examination in the year 2017 or 2018 are eligible for JEE Main 2019 entrance exam.
- Pursuing: The candidates who are appearing in their Class 12th standard examination or any equivalent qualifying examination in the year 2019 are eligible to appear in JEE Main 2019 entrance exam.
- Exception: Candidates who have passed their Class 12th standard examination/Qualifying examination in the year 2016 or before as well as those who will appear in such examination in 2020 or later are not eligible to appear in JEE Main 2019 entrance exam.
- Not Applicable: Candidates who have appeared in Class 12th standard examination/equivalent qualifying examinations in the year 2016 and did not pass in 2016, but passed in the year 2017 are also not eligible to appear in JEE Main 2019 entrance exam.
JEE Main 2019 Eligibility Criteria – Subject Combination:
- Minimum: Candidates must have taken at least five subjects in class 12th standard/qualifying examination in order to satisfy the JEE Main 2019 eligibility criteria.
The 5 subjects combination for B.Tech/B.E courses which needs to match JEE Main 2019 eligibility criteria are:
- Chemistry / Biology / Biotechnology / Technical Vocational Subject (Any one of them).
- Any other subject.
- Invalid: The candidates who have taken four subjects are not allowed to write JEE Main 2019 examination and if such candidates appear in entrance exam by furnishing wrong information then their JEE Main 2019 Results will not be declared.
JEE Main 2019 Eligibility Criteria – Number of Attempts:
- Restriction: The total number of attempts which a candidate can avail at JEE Main entrance exam shall be limited to 03 (three). If the applicant is registered for the 4th time then those candidates will not receive their JEE Main 2019 Admit Card.
Note: Candidates are advised to verify the eligibility for appearing in JEE Advanced 2019 and also JEE Main 2018 eligibility criteria for admission to the various institutions. Being eligible to write JEE Main 2019 entrance exam and by obtaining All India Ranking doesn’t automatically become eligible for admission.
JEE Main 2019 Eligibility Criteria – Person with Disabilities:
- Source: The candidates with a disability should fill in the type and percentages of disability correctly in the JEE Main 2019 Application Form.
- Assistance: Only for the visually challenged candidates who have 40% or more disability will be provided Scribe/Reader on the request of the candidate. Under no circumstance, the candidates will be allowed to bring their own scribe.
- Permission: Such candidate will have to submit the request to the centre superintendent for the same at least two days before the examination.
- Granted: In case a request is received from the candidate then s(he) would be allowed to meet the scribe a day before the examination to verify the suitability of the scribe.
- Duration: One hour compensatory (extra) exam time will also be allowed to the candidates with 40% or more disability irrespective of the fact that the candidate is availing the facility of scribe/reader.
JEE Main 2019 Eligibility Criteria – NIT’s, IIIT’s & CFTI’s:
- AIR: Admission to NITs, IIITs and CFTIs participating though Central Seat Allocation Board will be based on JEE Main 2019 All India Rank.
- Aggregate: The candidate should have secured at least 75% marks in the class 12th examination or be in the top 20 percentile in the class 12th examination conducted by the respective boards to satisfy the JEE Main 2019 Eligibility Criteria.
- Reservation: For SC/ST candidates the qualifying marks would be 65% in the class 12th examination to be eligible for JEE Main 2019 Entrance Exam.
Subject combinations required in the qualifying examination for admission to B.E/B.Tech & B. Arch/B.Planning Courses in NITs, IIITs, and other CFTIs:
|Course||Required Criteria Based On Class 12th / Equivalent Qualifying Examination|
|B.E/B.TECH||Passed 10+2 examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects
along with one of the ( Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/ Technical Vocational )
|B.ARCH/B.PLANNING||Passed 10+2 examination with Mathematics as compulsory subject.|
JEE Main 2019 Eligibility Criteria – Other Institute & State:
- Rank List: In case a State Board opts to admit students in the engineering colleges affiliated to state universities then the State may prepare separate rank list based on criteria decided by them.
- State Criteria: Madhya Pradesh, Nagaland and Odisha have joined JEE Main system from 2015. The age limit for admission to institutions in these states which were earlier based on their state level examinations. So the number of attempts and age limit will remain same for these states as per their past practice. However, these state eligibility criteria will not be applicable for admission to IITs/NITs/IIITs/CFTIs.
JEE Main 2019 – List Of Qualifying Examination:
List of qualifying examination which are applicable to be eligible for JEE Main 2019 entrance exam:
- The final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by any recognized central/ state Board, such as Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi; Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations, New Delhi, etc.
- Intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination conducted by a recognized Board/ University.
- The final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.
- Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects.
- Any Public School/ Board/ University examination in India or in any foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- H.S.C. vocational examination. [Only for Admission to IITs]
- A Diploma recognized by AICTE or a state board of technical education of at least 3-year duration. [Only for Admission to IITs]
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London/Cambridge/Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level. [Only for Admission to IITs]
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva. [Only for Admission to IITs]
- In case the relevant QE is not a public examination, the candidate must have passed at least one public (Board or Pre-University) examination at an earlier level.[Only for Admission to IITs]