Introduction To JEE Main 2019 Counselling:
- Eligibility: Those candidates who have successfully cleared JEE Main 2019 are eligible to apply for JEE Main 2019 Counselling. The counselling process for JEE Main 2019 will be from the first week of July 2019.
- Authority: Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JSAA) is the authority which conducts the centralized counselling for admission to NITs/IITs/IIITs and CFTIs.
- Mode of counselling: The counselling process will be conducted online. The Counselling Process will be managed by National Testing Agency (NTA).
- Eligible: Only the candidates who have qualified for JEE Main 2019 are eligible to apply for the Counselling Process of JEE Main 2019 for admissions to all participating colleges except the IITs and ISM.
JEE Main Counselling & Seat Allotment 2019 Procedure:
The counselling and seat allotment of JEE Main 2019 involves the following steps:
- Step 1 – Online Registration
- Step 2 – Online Choice Filling & Locking
- Step 3 – Seat Allotment
- Step 4 – Payment of Fee & Seat Acceptance
- Step 5 – Verification of Documents
- Step 6 – Final Reporting at the Allotted Institute
Step 1: Online Registration
- Visit the Official Website of JEE Main 2019.
- The students should log in to the page using their Application number.
- The Registration Form for NTS will pop up.
- Go through the instructions carefully and click “I Accept”
- Then fill the Registration Form with all the relevant information.
- Click on “Declaration”.
- Finally, click on “Submit”
- Go through the instructions carefully and click on “Confirm Registration”
Step 2: Choice Filling and Locking of seats
- After the registration for Counselling session, the candidates will be asked to select the Institute type, Institute name, and preferred Academic Programme.
- After filling these details, click on “Choice Filling and Locking”.
- Now select the preferred colleges and the courses by filling as much as possible for the preferences.
- Then click on “Save”.
- The students are advised to be careful while choice filling and locking their options, as they cannot be re-filled/edited any further.
Step 3: Seat allotment
- The candidates are allotted to the colleges on the basis of Reservation norms, choice filling and vacancies available.
- The students will get an SMS/E-mail regarding the seat allotment letter from NTA in a few days of choice filling.
- Download the “Seat Allotment Letter” for further use.
Step 4: Fee Payment and Seat acceptance in Colleges
- All candidates should pay the acceptance fees to confirm the seat allotment.
- The Fee Payment can be done via Credit/Debit Card or by Net Banking.
- The students should download the Fee Payment slip and keep a soft copy for future purposes.
Step 5: Documents Required
- Provisional Seat Allotment Letter of the JEE Main 2019
- Candidates Birth Certificate
- JEE Main 2018 Admit Card
- JEE Main 2018 Scorecard
- Class 12 scorecard
- A Photo ID (Aadhar Card)
- The printout of Seat Acceptance Payment for JEE Main
- Category Certificate (If applicable)
Step 6: Final Reporting at the Allotted Institute
- Candidates will have to report at the institute allotted after verification of documents. They also need to pay the balance fees in the institute.
JEE Main 2019 Eligibility for Different Institutes:
For IITs & IIITs:
- All India – It is open to all candidates.
- Home State candidates – Only for candidates who have the same state code of eligibility as that of the institute.
- Other State candidates – Candidates not from the home state will belong to the other state.
- For Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi and IIEST Shibpur- candidates from home state and other states.
- For Assam University – All India and home state candidates
- Other GFTIs – Only All India candidates