CAT Result 2018 is expected to be declared on 7th January 2019. IIM Calcutta, who is the Conducting Authority of CAT 2018, has issued a notice that CAT 2018 Result will be declared by the second week of January 2019. According to the latest notifications, CAT Results 2018 is expected to be declared before 10 AM. The Scorecards will be issued on the Official Website of CAT 2018. CAT 2018 Scorecard will be valid for 1 year. IIM Calcutta has declared the CAT 2018 Answer Key on the official website. Candidates can view the Answer Keys and place Objection to any answer if he/she thinks there is any problem with the answer. To raise Objection, candidates need to make a payment of INR 1200/- and submit an Objection Form against that particular answer.
CAT Result Date Trend - Previous Years
|Year||Result date||Result time||IIM declaring CAT Result|
|CAT 2015||8th January 2016||1 PM||IIM Ahmedabad|
|CAT 2016||9th January 2017||10 AM||IIM Bangalore|
|CAT 2017||8th January 2018||9 AM||IIM Lucknow|
Steps to View CAT Result 2018
Follow the steps below mentioned to view the Result of CAT 2018.
- Visit the official website of CAT 2018 to start the process of CAT 2018 result download.
- You need to log in with your registered CAT Id and password by clicking on the link saying "Login For Score Card CAT 2018".
- After clicking on the "Login" button, you will see your CAT Result 2018. Your CAT Scorecard will reflect the following details:
- Name of the Candidate
- Your Photo - Uploaded photo and Test Day photo
- CAT Registration Number/User ID
- PwD Status
- Date of Birth
- Date and Time of Test
- Marks obtained in all sections
- Total marks obtained
- After viewing your CAT Result 2018, download the same and take a printout for further processes.
- Candidates will also get SMS on their registered mobile numbers.
After the announcement of CAT Result 2018, all the IIMs will upload their respective cut-off marks on their respective websites. IIM Ahmedabad, IIM Bangalore and IIM Calcutta will upload the names of the shortlisted candidates shortly after the declaration of the CAT Result 2018. Shortlisted candidates will get to know the exact date and time of further processes for admission, such as GD, PI and WAT, on the official website.
CAT 2018 Reservations
CAT 2018 will have seat reservations as per the Indian Government policy. The reservations as per various categories are as follows:
|Other Backwards Classes (NC-OBC)||27% seats|
|Schedule Caste (SC)||15% seats|
|Schedule Tribe (ST)||7.5% seats|
|PWD Differently Abled candidates (DA)||3% seats|
CAT 2018 Cut-Offs
The cut-off is the marks that a candidate needs to score to get admission into various colleges. Each college has their own set of cut-off marks. The cut-off is calculated by taking into account an overall cut-off and a sectional cut-off.
For admission into IIMs, the over-all cut-off generally falls in the bracket of 90-99.9 percentile. After the declaration of CAT result 2018, each IIM will declare their own cut-off marks for shortlisting candidates.
The expected cut-off marks for various IIMs are as follows:
|IIMs||CAT Cut off 2018 in Percentile|
CAT 2018 Selection Procedure
Once the CAT Result 2018 is declared, the majority of IIMs will publish their own list of shortlisted candidates on the website. Each IIM will have their own set of Cut-Off marks and criteria for selection of candidates. The three stages of Admission Procedure includes the screening of candidates on basis of CAT 2018 scorecard and academic history, performance in WAT/PI round and final selection based on all the above-mentioned factors.
Documents required for Selection Procedure
Verification of documents will be done by each IIMs to ensure correct parameters being followed. The following documents are needed for the selection procedure in IIMs and other B-Schools.
- Marksheets of standard 10 and 12.
- Degree certificates, to ensure candidates fulfilled the eligibility criteria before applying for CAT 2018.
- Category certificates for SC/ST/PWD/OBC-NC category candidates
- Final year Graduation certificates for appearing candidates.