BITSAT 2019 is an admission test, which will be conducted by Birla Institute of Technology and Science(BITS) for the academic year 2019. The students will be offered with the courses like BE/BPharm/MSc. BITS set the cutoff for the examination, students who clear the examination will be eligible for admissions in BITS.
BITSAT 2019 Overview:
|Conducting Authority||Birla Institute of Technology and Science|
Mode of Application
Mode of Examination
|Number of papers||1|
|Total no.of Marks||450|
Phone no: +91-7349470595
|BITSAT Official Website||
BITSAT 2019 Exam Dates:
|04th January 2019||Start date for BITSAT 2019 Application Form|
|20th March 2019||Last date to submit the Application Form|
|22nd to 25th March 2019||BITSAT 2019 Application Form correction Window|
|27th March 2019||Allotment of Examination Center|
|28th March to 8th April 2019||Candidates can reserve their BITSAT exam dates|
|12th April to 13th May 2019||Candidates can download BITSAT Admit Card 2019|
|16th May to 26th May 2019||BITSAT Online Examination 2019|
|16th May to 18th June 2019||Candidates can apply for admission through class 12th marks|
|20th June 2019||Announcement of BITSAT Admit List and Wait List|
BITSAT 2019 Exam Pattern:
BITSAT is an Online Examination. The questions for the examination appear from Physics, chemistry, English and Logical Reasoning along with Mathematics or Biology which were in class 11th and 12th. The questions are asked in the MCQ (multiple choice questions) form. Examination will be carried out in 4 different sessions. The exam will be conducted for the total of 150 marks. There will be a negative marking too. Each correct answer will be rewarded with +3 marks and an incorrect answer will be rewarded with -1 marks.
Examination Timing: The examination will be conducted as 2 slots per day, each of which will be of 3 hours. First session will be in the morning from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm and also similarly in the second session too, from 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm.
12 additional questions: 12 additional questions will be given to those who can complete all the 150 questions within 3 hours of time, these 12 questions should also be answered in the same 3 hours. Once the candidate has completed 150 questions and are given with the 12 questions, the candidate is not allowed to go back and make changes in the answered 150 questions.
Division of Examination Paper:
|No. of Parts||Subjects||Marks Allotted|
|part 4||Logical Reasoning
BITSAT 2019 Application Procedure:
- Interested students can apply through online @bitsadmission.com.
- First, Candidates have to Register.
- Candidates have to provide all the required information and complete the BITSAT Registration Process.
- Candidates can pay the application fee Online.
- Application fee for male is Rs. 3,150 and for female Rs. 2.650.
- Candidates applying test at Dubai Rs.5600.
BITSAT 2019 Syllabus:
In order to have a good score in each subject and increase their overall score in the examination, candidates must concentrate on the important topics.
|Physics||Units and Measurement, Impulse and Momentum, Gravitation, Waves, Current Electricity, Optics, Kinematics, Work and Energy, Mechanics of Solids and Fluids, Heat and Thermodynamics, Magnetic effects of Current, Modern Physics, Newtons Law of Motion, Rotational Motions, Oscillations, Electrostatics, Electromagnetic induction, Electronic devices.|
|Chemistry||States of matter, Thermodynamics, Chemical kinetics, p,d and f block elements, Organic compounds with functional groups containing oxygen and nitrogen, Atomic structure, Physical and chemical equilibria, Surface chemistry, Principals of organic chemistry and hydrocarbons, Biological industrial and environmental chemistry,Chemical bonding and molecular structure, Electrochemistry, Hydrogen and s-block elements, Stereochemistry, Theoretical principles of experimental chemistry.|
|English||Grammar, Vocabulary, Reading comprehension, Composition.|
|Biology||Diversity in living world, cell: the unit of life; structure and function, Genetics and evolution, Structure and function-plants, Structure and function-animals, Reproduction growth and moment in plants, Reproduction and development in humans, Ecology and environment, Biology and human welfare, Biotechnology and its applications.|
|Algebra, Trigonometry, Two-dimensional coordinate geometry, Three-dimensional coordinate geometry, Differential calculus, Integral calculus, Vector, Probability, Ordinary differential equations, Statistics, Linear programming, Mathematical Modelling.
BITSAT 2019 Admit Card:
- Candidates can download their admission tickets from 12th April 2019 to 13th May 2019.
- In order to download the admit card, candidates have to provide their registration number, security pin and other requirements if any.
- Candidates must carry a copy of the downloaded admission ticket along with the any of the identity proof to the examination center.
BITSAT 2019 Results:
- BITSAT 2019 Results will be announced by BITSAT Pilani in the month of June 2019.
- Before the results are released the scores of the exam will me made available to the candidates.
- Candidates can check their results in the BITSAT official website, by entering their application number and the password.
- In case if the candidate forgets their application number or password, they can click on forgot application number and password then the candidate will be asked to enter registered mobile number, email id and date of birth.
- Once the user enters the requested information the result will be displayed.
- Along with the results, admit list and the wait list will also be displayed.
BITSAT 2019 Cutoff:
- BITSAT will announce the results in 4 or 5 iterations, each iteration results will have different cutoff.
- BITSAT Cutoff is set based on the difficulty level of the examination, highest score in the exam, previous year cutoff trend.
- Iteration Cutoff ranges from 271 to 250.
- The Wait List Cutoff is 240 for all the rounds.
BITSAT 2019 Counselling process:
- BITS will start its Counselling and Admission Process in the month of May.
- Usually, BITS start its Counselling Process within a week after the results are announced.
- BITSAT first merit list qualified students will be allowed to undergo counselling in the month of May/June.
- Candidates who clear the BITSAT examination must fill the counselling application form which will be made available in the official website in the month of May.
- BITSAT counselling will be carried out in 2 different stages-
- Document Verification
- BITSAT seat allotment at their BITS campus.
- BITS waitlist candidates have to take part in the next rounds of the counselling process.
- In the decreasing order, candidates with the lower ranks have to take part in the successive rounds of counselling.
- Counselling process will be carried out until all the seats from BITS campuses and the courses offered are also filled.
BITSAT 2019 Guidelines:
- Candidates are instructed to fill their details correctly and clearly in their application form.
- Passwords or any other security or personal Information should not be shared to any others.
- The rules and regulations or the instructions should be read carefully.
- Candidates are advised to carry their admission tickets along with the government identity proof to the examination centre.
- Any of the electronic gadgets like digital watch, calculators similarly databook, log book, databook or any such kind devices too are not allowed into the examination hall.
- Candidates have to visit the official website regularly for updates regarding the examination.
- For any of the technical issues during the examination or the technical issues approach the examination centre invigilator.
- Any of the eatables are not allowed inside the examination centre.
- Candidates with considerable health issues are allowed to carry their required medicines and tablets along with them.
BITSAT 2019 CONTACT INFORMATION:
Email ID: email@example.com
Phone No: +91- 9148237202 /+91-7349470595