Introduction To JEE Main 2019:
- About: Joint Entrance Examination Main (JEE Main 2019) is an eligibility test for admission into undergraduate engineering courses in NITs, IITs, Centrally Funded Technical Institutions and Institutions funded by participating State Governments.
- Conducted By: The Government of India has authorized Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) for conducting JEE Main 2019 entrance examination.
- Level: JEE Main 2019 is National Level Entrance Examination which will be conducted in 248 major cities all across India and also in 10 overseas countries.
- Courses: JEE Main is considered as biggest engineering entrance exam for admission to B.TECH/B.E and B.ARCH/B.Planning courses offered by Top Engineering Colleges in India.
- Frequency: JEE Main is conducted once every year. The candidates will have 3 attempts to clear the examination.
- Exam Papers: The JEE Main 2019 has 2 separate question papers. Paper 1 for B.Tech/B.E Programme JEE Main 2019 and Paper 2 for B.Arch/B.Planning Programme JEE Main 2019.
- Selection: JEE Main 2019 will be conducted in online and offline mode. Candidates need to select the preferred mode of examination, test centre and exam paper while filling the JEE Main 2019 Application Form.
- Applicants: More than 11.5 Lakh students have been registered for JEE Main 2018.
- JEE Advanced: JEE Main is also an eligibility test to appear for JEE Advanced 2019. JEE Advanced 2019 helps candidates to seek admission in IIT’s, ISM Dhanbad and IISc Bangalore.
JEE Main 2019 Important Details
JEE Main 2019 Examination
Conducting Authority Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)
Exam Level National Level Examination
Examination Date (Tentative)
Offline Exam: 8th April 2018.
Online Exam: 15th and 16th April 2018.
Course Offered Paper 1: B.Tech/B.E
Paper 2: B.Arch/B.Planning
Mode of Examination Online (Computer Based Test) & Offline (Pen and Paper Based Test)
Type of Questions Multiple Choice Questions with a single correct response
Marking Scheme 4 Marks will be awarded for every correct answer
Negative Marking 1 Mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer
Paper Medium English & Hindi
JEE Main 2019 Exam Structure:
- JEE Main 2019 has two papers. Paper 1 is applicable for (B.E/B. Tech) programme and Paper 2 is applicable for (B. Arch/B. Planning) programme. Candidates can take Paper 1 or Paper 2 or both as per the courses they are seeking admission to through JEE Main.
JEE Main 2019 Paper Pattern
|JEE Main 2019||Subjects||Type of Questions||Total Marks||Mode of Exam||Examination Date (Tentative)|
|Paper 1 (B.E/B. Tech)||Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics||Objective type with equal weight-age to all the subjects||360||(Offline) Pen and Paper based|
(Online) Computer based.
|Offline: 8th April 2019 (IST 09:30 to 12:30)
Online: 15th & 16th April 2019
|Paper 2 (B.Arch/B.Planning)||Mathematics|
|Objective Type |
Questions to test drawing aptitude
|390||(Offline) Pen and Paper based only.||Offline: 8th April 2019 (IST 14:00 to 17:00)|
JEE Main 2019 Important Dates:
- Admit Card: Candidates can download the JEE Main 2019 Admit card from 10th March 2019 onwards. The candidates are advised to download the admit card from the JEE Main official website.
- Date of Examination: JEE Main Offline examination will be held on 8th April 2019 and the Online examination will be held on 15th and 16th April 2019.
- To know all the important dates related to JEE Main 2019 examination Click Here.
JEE Main 2019 Eligibility:
- Academic Qualification: Candidates who have cleared their class 12th examination or any qualifying examination in the year 2017 or 2018 and those who are appearing in class 12th or qualifying exams in the year 2019 are eligible to apply for the JEE Main 2019 examination.
- Age Limit: The applicants whose date of birth falls on or after 1st October 1994 will be eligible to appear for entrance examination. The upper age limit relaxation of 5 years is given for candidates who have reservation benefits.
- To know more details regarding eligibility criteria implanted be CBSE for JEE Main 2019 examination Click Here.
JEE Main 2019 Syllabus:
- Paper 1: Questions related to Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics topics of class 11th and class 12th syllabus prescribed by CBSE will be asked in the paper 1 of JEE Main 2019 examination.
- Paper 2: Questions related to Mathematics, General Aptitude, and Drawing topics will be asked in paper 2 of JEE Main 2019 examination.
- To know more about the detailed JEE Main 2019 syllabus Click Here.
JEE Main 2019 Exam Centers:
- Election: Candidates can select an exam centre according to their preference while filling the online application form.
- Seat Allocation: There are 248 exam centres in India and 10 exam centres outside India and the allotment of the seat will be based on the availability of the seats in the JEE Main 2019 exam centre.
- For the offline and online exam centres where JEE Main 2019 examination is conducted Click Here.
JEE Main 2019 Exam Pattern:
- Paper 1: JEE Main 2019 Paper 1 will have a total of 90 MCQ’s and it will be divided into 3 sections (30 MCQ’s from each section). Each section carries 120 marks and the candidates can score a maximum of 360 marks in Paper 1 examination.
- Paper 2: JEE Main 2019 Paper 2 will have a total of 80 MCQ’s and it will be divided into 2 sections (Section 1 20 MCQ’s and Section 2 50 MCQ’s) and 2 drawing questions where each question carries 35 marks. The candidates can score a maximum of 390 marks in Paper 2 examination.
- For more details regarding the JEE Main 2019 exam pattern Click Here.
JEE Main 2019 Application Form:
- Availability: JEE Main 2019 Application Form will be released on 1st December 2018 and the registration process will end on 1st January 2019. Candidates should provide the genuine details while filling up the online application form.
- Application Fee: JEE Main 2019 Application Fee is INR 1000 for (General / OBC Candidates) and INR 500 for (SC / ST / PWD / Girl Candidates). The application fee payment can be made through credit/debit card/Paytm or by depositing fee in cash in the Syndicate/Canara/ICICI bank through e-challan.
- For the detailed stepwise instructions on how to check the JEE Main 2019 Results Click Here.
JEE Main 2019 Admit Card:
- Availability: The JEE Main 2019 Admit Card can be downloaded from 10th March 2018 onwards. Admit Cards will be generated only for the eligible applicants who complete the registration process successfully without any mistakes.
- Credentials: To download the JEE Main 2019 Admit Card the candidates must submit their Application Number, Date of Birth and Security Pin in the admit card portal on the JEE Main official website.
- For stepwise instructions on how to download JEE Main 2019 Admit Card Click Here.
JEE Main 2019 Results:
- Scorecard: The score and rank for all candidates who have appeared in JEE Main 2019 examination will be declared on 30th April 2019. The score shall comprise the actual marks obtained in JEE Main entrance exam along with the status of those who qualify for appearing in JEE Advanced 2019.
- Rank Sheet: The JEE Main 2019 rank sheet/scorecard shall comprise of All India Rank (AIR) and All India category rank. Only the All India Rank (AIR) will be used as a valid score for admissions through Central Seat Allocation Board to NIT’s/IIIT’s/CFTI’s/SFI’s/Others while other ranks are for information purposes.
- To know more about how to download JEE Main 2019 results and inter-se-merit of candidates scoring equal marks Click Here.
JEE Main 2019 Counselling:
- Conducting Authority: The Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) is the responsible authority for the seat allotment process, document verification and JEE Main 2018 counselling.
- Reservation: In JEE Main 2019 out of all the admission seats available 47.5% of seats will be reserved for General Merit, 27% of seats will be reserved for OBC candidates, 15% of seats will be reserved for SC candidates, 7.5% of seats will be reserved for ST candidates and remaining 3% of seats will be reserved for PwD candidates.
- To know more about the JEE Main 2019 Counselling Process and Participating Colleges in counselling rounds Click Here.
JEE Main 2018 Registration Statistics:
JEE Main 2019 Code Of Conduct:
- Code 1: Candidates should maintain perfect silence and attend to their Question Paper only. Any conversation or gesture or disturbance in the Examination Room/Hall shall be deemed as misbehaviour.
- Code 2: If an applicant is found using unethical means or impersonating then his/her candidature shall be cancelled and (s)he will be liable to be debarred from taking JEE Main examination either permanently or for a specified duration of time according to the nature of the offence.
- Code 3: Applicants are not allowed to carry any Calculators, Electronic Watches with facilities of calculator, Docu Pen, Textual material, Slide Rules, Log Tables, Printed or written material, bits of papers, mobile phone, pager or any other device, except the admit card inside the Examination Hall.
- Code 4: If an applicant is in possession of any of the above item then his/her candidature will be treated as unfair means and his/her current JEE Main examination will be cancelled & (s)he will also be debarred for future examinations & the equipment will be seized.
- Code 5: The candidate shall not remove any page from the Test-Booklet (in case of Pen and Paper Based Examination) and if he/she is found to have removed any pages from his/her Test Booklet then he/she will be presumed to have used unfair means and shall be liable for criminal action.
JEE Main 2019 Contact Details:
|JEE Main 2019 Contact Information|
|Address||JEE(Main) Unit Central Board of Secondary Education,
Plot No. 149, Block - H,
Sector - 63, Noida - 201309
Distt- Gautam Budh Nagar (Uttar Pradesh)
|Helpline Number||7042399520, 7042399521, 7042399525, 7042399526|
|Computer Based Examination Helpline Number||18002669778 (The queries related to Computer Based examination only will be attended from 1st March 2018 onward)|
|Computer Based Exam Email IDfirstname.lastname@example.org (The E-mails related to Computer Based examination only will be attended from 1st March 2018 onward)|
JEE Main 2019 Guidelines:
- Candidates are advised to check the Admit Card carefully for their Name, Paper, Date of Birth, Gender, Test Centre, Name, City, State Code of Eligibility and Category. In case of any discrepancy then communicate to Secretariat/CBSE immediately for necessary action.
- The Admit Card is issued provisionally to the candidate subject to his/her satisfying the eligibility conditions.
- Candidates should reach the exam centre at least 2½ hours before the exam so as to
complete the registration formalities well before the time. The registration desk in exam centre will be closed 05 minutes prior to the examination.
- The candidate must show the Admit Card on demand for admission in the examination room/hall. A candidate who doesn’t have the Admit Card issued by the CBSE Board shall not be permitted to write the exam under any circumstances by the Centre Superintendent.
- The candidates claiming the relaxation under PwD category must carry with them the copy PwD certificate in the prescribed format issued by the Competent Authority.
- No applicants will be allowed to enter the exam centre under any circumstances after the commencement of the examination.
- A seat indicating roll number will be allocated to each candidate. Candidate should find out and occupy their allotted seat only. Any candidate found to have changed room or the seat on his/her own other than allotted then his/her candidature shall be cancelled and no plea would be accepted for it.
- The candidate should ensure that the JEE Main question paper available on the computer is as per his/her choice of medium. In case the exam question paper is in a language other than his/her choice made while filling the application form then it must be brought to the notice of the Invigilator concerned.
- No Candidate will be allowed to carry any baggage inside the Examination Centre. JEE Apex Board will not be responsible for any belongings stolen or lost on the premises.
- Applicants are not allowed to carry any textual material, Docu Pen, Calculators, Electronic Watches with facilities of calculator, Slide Rules, Log Tables, any printed or written material, mobile phone, bits of papers, pager or any other device, except the Admit Card and identity proof inside the Examination Room/Hall.
- If any applicants are in possession of any of the above-mentioned items then his/her candidature will be treated as unfair means and his/her current exam will be cancelled & s(he) will also be debarred from any future examinations & the equipment will be seized by authority.
- Smoking and eating are strictly prohibited in the examination room.
- Coffee, Milkshake, Tea, cold drinks or snacks are not allowed to be taken into the examination hall during examination hours.
- Approach the Centre Superintendent/Invigilator in the room for any technical assistance, first aid emergency or any other information during the course of an examination.
- No applicants will leave his/her seat or examination hall for the full duration of the exam without the permission of the Centre Superintendent or the Invigilator. The applicants must follow the instructions strictly as instructed by the Centre Superintendent/Invigilators.
- For any queries or issues regarding computer-based examination then the candidates may contact on toll-free Call Centre Number which is mentioned above.
- The candidates suffering from diabetes are allowed to carry into the examination hall the eatables like sugar tablets/fruits (like banana/apple/ orange) and transparent water bottle. However, the candidates are not allowed to carry packed foods like chocolate/candy/sandwich in the examination hall.